KA Events is committed to protecting the rights and freedoms of data subjects and safely and securely processing their data in accordance with all of our legal obligations.
We hold personal data about our employees, clients, suppliers and other individuals for a variety of business purposes.
This policy sets out how we seek to protect personal data and ensure that our staff understand the rules governing their use of the personal data to which they have access in the course of their work. In particular, this policy requires staff to ensure that the Data Protection Officer (DPO) be consulted before any significant new data processing activity is initiated to ensure that relevant compliance steps are addressed.
|Business purposes||The purposes for which personal data may be used by us:
Personnel, administrative, business development purposes.
Business purposes include the following:
– Compliance with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations and good practice
– Gathering information as part of investigations by regulatory bodies or in connection with legal proceedings or requests
– Ensuring business policies are adhered to (such as policies covering email and internet use)
– Operational reasons, such as recording transactions, training and quality control, ensuring the confidentiality of commercially sensitive information, security vetting, credit scoring and checking
– Investigating complaints
– Checking references, ensuring safe working practices, monitoring and managing staff access to systems and facilities and staff absences, administration and assessments
– Monitoring staff conduct, disciplinary matters
– Marketing our business
– Improving services
|Personal data||‘Personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Personal data we gather may include: individuals’ phone number, email address, marital status, n
|Special categories of personal data||Special categories of data include information about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or similar beliefs, trade union membership (or non-membership), physical or mental health or condition, criminal offences, or related proceedings, and genetic and biometric information —any use of special categories of personal data should be strictly controlled in accordance with this policy.|
|Data controller||‘Data controller’ means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by law.|
|Data processor||‘Processor’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.|
|Processing||‘Processing’ means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.|
This policy applies to all staff, who must be familiar with this policy and comply with its terms.
This policy supplements our other policies relating to internet and email use. We may supplement or amend this policy by additional policies and guidelines from time to time. Any new or modified policy will be circulated to staff before being adopted.
Who is responsible for this policy?
As our data protection officer (DPO), Kay has overall responsibility for the day-to-day implementation of this policy. You should contact the DPO for further information about this policy if necessary. firstname.lastname@example.org
KA Events shall comply with one or all of the principles of data protection (the Principles) enumerated in the EU General Data Protection Regulation. We will make every effort possible in everything we do to comply with these principles. The Principles are:
- Lawful, fair and transparent
Data collection must be fair, for a legal purpose and we must be open and transparent as to how the data will be used.
- Limited for its purpose
Data can only be collected for a specific purpose.
- Data minimisation
Any data collected must be necessary and not excessive for its purpose.
The data we hold must be accurate and kept up to date.
We cannot store data longer than necessary.
- Integrity and confidentiality
The data we hold must be kept safe and secure.
Accountability and transparency
We must ensure accountability and transparency in all our use of personal data. We must show how we comply with each Principle. You are responsible for keeping a written record of how all the data processing activities you are responsible for comply with each of the Principles. This must be kept up to date and must be approved by the DPO.
To comply with data protection laws and the accountability and transparency Principle of GDPR, we must demonstrate compliance. You are responsible for understanding your particular responsibilities to ensure we meet the following data protection obligations:
- Fully implement all appropriate technical and organisational measures
- Maintain up to date and relevant documentation on all processing activities
- Conducting Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Implement measures to ensure privacy by design and default, including:
- Data minimisation
- Allowing individuals to monitor processing
- Creating and improving security and enhanced privacy procedures on an ongoing basis
Controlling vs. processing data
KA Events is classified as a data controller. We must maintain our appropriate registration with the Information Commissioners Office in order to continue lawfully control data.
WHAT INFORMATION IS BEING COLLECTED?
We collect a variety of information before, during and after you book with KA Events and use any of our services. This includes:
- Names, Addresses and Contact Information of the person(s) placing an order with us.
- Names, Addresses and Contact Information of the person(s) using our services.
- Details and notes taken throughout a photo session or service provided to help us remember conversations during and details of your session.
If you E-mail us or send us messages via social media, these messages are stored within our email system or social media accounts. These messages are stored for as long as practicable to allow us to provide you with better future services.
WHO IS COLLECTING THE DATA
Data is being collected by KA Events. We use a password protected data management software to hold our data.
HOW IS IT BEING COLLECTED?
The majority of our data is collected directly from you. Whether you fill out a form for us online, or tell us face to face, via the telephone, via e-mail or message.
In some cases, data may be given to us by a third party. This includes if somebody purchases a voucher for you – they will usually give us your name and details to allow us to process their order, and provide our service to you or through wedding fairs with your content to the event organiser. Or sometimes if another person is no longer able to do your event they will pass the information over.
WHY IS IT BEING COLLECTED?
Most of the data we collect is solely for the purpose of providing you with a service you have ordered, or had ordered for you.
Some of the data we collect is to help provide you with a better customer service experience
HOW WILL IT BE USED?
Data we collect will be used to enable us to provide our services and products to you.
Contact data (e-mail addresses) may be used to send you direct offers from KA Events about upcoming promotions or newsletters. These can be unsubscribed from at any time.
KA Events has a legitimate interest in using images taken in relation to your booking and may use these images in the following ways (note, clients are free at anytime to contact Kay in writing to refuse the uses of these images):
- On social media for promotion & advertising purposes
- On our website for promotion & advertising purposes
- For marketing materials (business stationary, flyers, business cards etc)
- For publications/print
WHO WILL IT BE SHARED WITH?
We take your privacy very seriously. We do not sell your data to third party organisations. There are a few scenarios where some of your data may be shared with third parties to allow us to provide our services to you. These include:
- Delivery and Postage Service Providers to allow us to send you documentation and orders you have placed. (Information shared includes Name, Address and in some case e-mail address / mobile number)
- Manufacturers (our printing labs) if we are sending an order directly to you from a lab. (Information shared includes Name, Address and in some case e-mail address / mobile number)
- Law Enforcement and Legal Requirements – we will provide data to law enforcement agencies if issued with a court order to do so.
HOW WILL THIS AFFECT YOU?
We collect, store and process your data in such a way that should have no negative effect on you as an individual.
HOW LONG IS THE DATA STORED?
Most data we collect is stored indefinitely. This is to allow us to provide a better service to you as a customer in the event that you contact us again in the future.
We are legally obliged to store some data for a minimum amount of time, for example sale order records, payment records etc.
ACCESS TO STORED DATA.
If you have any questions about data we hold about you, please feel free to contact us. As well as trying to help you directly.
You may request a copy of any data we store about you – and we will comply with any requests as per the guidance of the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you would like any clarification on how we collect, store or process your data – please contact us directly.
If you would like further information on the legal guidelines we operate within, or have any concerns about how we use your data, please check the ICO’s website at https://ico.org.uk
This business is owned and operated by Kirsty Ashton trading as KA Events
Our principal place of business is at: 10 Chelmer Way, Eccles, M30 8EN
You can contact myself by email at email@example.com